This no-bake cranberry and pistachio slice is so delicious and super easy to make. A lovely gift to make at Christmas.
I love to make no-bake slices and this cranberry and pistachio version with a white chocolate topping is super tasty. If you are looking for a colourful slice to take along to a morning tea this one is perfect. The flavours of the cranberries and pistachios go so well together with the white chocolate. I have sprinkled freeze-dried raspberries over the top which adds a pop of bright colour.
I made this delicious slice using Girl Guide biscuits, which were available at the time. But absolutely any type of plain biscuits would work for the base. Vanilla Wines, Super Wines, Maries, Milk Arrowroots or even Malt Biscuits.
This style of 'no-bake' slice is perfect for the warmer months. No standing in a hot kitchen with the oven going! I like to set this slice in the fridge overnight but it generally takes around 4 hours.
How to make Cranberry and Pistachio slice:
First of all melt together the condensed milk and butter in the microwave. Then add the crushed biscuits, dried cranberries and pistachios. Once you have mixed your base ingredients together push mixture into a lined sliced tin.
To make the topping, melt white chocolate in the microwave and stir through a tablespoon of vegetable oil, this stops the top from cracking when it is cut. If you want to use freeze-dried raspberries sprinkle them evenly over the top, this add a great punch of colour and a nice tart bite to the sweet slice.
Chill your slice in the fridge for at least 4 hours, sometimes if I am short for time I chill the slice in the freezer for an hour until set. Let it warm on the bench for 30 minutes before slicing in to pieces. You can also slice it into tiny bite size pieces if you want to serve it on a platter at a family get together.
This slice turned out super delicious and is a real crowdpleaser. The bright colours make it perfect for the festive season and welcome on any Christmas dessert table.
Pin this post to your baking board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 80g sweetened condensed milk
- 80g butter
- 1 packet Girl Guide biscuits, finely crushed (230g/8oz)
- ½ cup dried cranberries / craisins (60g/2oz)
- ½ cup pistachios (60g/2oz)
- 190g white chocolate
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp freeze dried raspberries, crushed (optional)
- Line a slice tin (approx 20 x 20cm) with baking paper.
- Melt condensed milk and butter together in the microwave. Stir together, then add the crushed biscuits, cranberries and pistachios and mix well.
- Press mixture into lined tin. Chill base in the freezer while you make the topping.
- Topping: Melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Add oil and stir until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the base and spread it evenly to the edges.
- If using sprinkle dried raspberries over the slice until it is all covered.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours until set. Take out of the fridge 20 minutes before cutting into slices (this makes it easier to cut).
- If you don't have Girl Guide biscuits you could use another plain biscuit like Arrowroots, Super Wines, Krispies, Maries or Graham crackers
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.