This no-bake cranberry and pistachio slice is so delicious and super easy to make.
I love to make no-bake slices and this cranberry and pistachio version with a white chocolate topping is super tasty. If you are looking for a colourful slice to take along to a morning tea this one is perfect. The flavours of the cranberries and pistachios go so well together with the white chocolate. I have sprinkled freeze-dried raspberries over the top which adds a pop of bright colour.
This delicious slice is made with Girl Guide biscuits in the base. They are so good in no-bake slices and what’s even better is that $1 from every packet sold goes to Girl Guiding New Zealand. I remember being a Pippin Brownie when I was 5 and selling these biscuits to my friends and family. It’s so cool that these biscuits have been around for over 60 years.
Countdown and Griffins saw the demand for these biscuits and working with Girl Guides New Zealand have bought them back so now you can buy them in store for a limited time, so get in quick!
How to make Cranberry and Pistachio slice:
First of all melt together the condensed milk and butter in the microwave. Then add the crushed biscuits, dried cranberries and pistachios. Once you have mixed your base ingredients together push mixture into a lined sliced tin.
To make the topping, melt white chocolate in the microwave and stir through a tablespoon of vegetable oil, this stops the top from cracking when it is cut. If you want to use freeze-dried raspberries sprinkle them evenly over the top, this add a great punch of colour and a nice tart bite to the sweet slice.
Chill your slice in the fridge for at least 4 hours, sometimes if I am short for time I chill the slice in the freezer for an hour until set. Let it warm on the bench for 30 minutes before slicing in to pieces. You can also slice it into tiny bite size pieces if you want to serve it on a platter at a family get together.
This slice turned out super delicious and is a real crowdpleaser. The bright colours make it perfect for the festive season and welcome on any Christmas dessert table. Thanks so much to Countdown for partnering with me to create this delicious recipe.
More easy slice recipes to try:
Check out the easy recipe below:
Cranberry and pistachio slice
Yield 16 pieces
- 80g sweetened condensed milk
- 80g butter
- 1 packet Girl Guide biscuits, finely crushed (230g/8oz)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries / craisins (60g/2oz)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (60g/2oz)
- 190g white chocolate
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp freeze dried raspberries, crushed (optional)
- Line a slice tin (approx 20 x 20cm) with baking paper.
- Melt condensed milk and butter together in the microwave. Stir together, then add the crushed biscuits, cranberries and pistachios and mix well.
- Press mixture into lined tin. Chill base in the freezer while you make the topping.
- Topping: Melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Add oil and stir until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the base and spread it evenly to the edges.
- If using sprinkle dried raspberries over the slice until it is all covered.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours until set. Take out of the fridge 20 minutes before cutting into slices (this makes it easier to cut).
- If you don't have Girl Guide biscuits you could use another plain biscuit like Arrowroots, Super Wines, Krispies, Maries or Graham crackers
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.