This easy Rainbow Slice is so colourful and fun, the perfect treat for parties.
If you love my collection of no-bake slices then get ready to add Rainbow Slice to your favourites. With a crunchy, dark chocolate base and white chocolate topping, this slice is hard to resist! Decorated with smarties and sprinkles it looks great on the table at birthday parties.
This slice is so easy to make. If you have young kids around, they love to get involved by sorting the smarties into colours, counting them (and let’s be honest, eating them!). I like to make rainbow rows of smarties but if you’re relaxed about it, you could let the kids arrange them.
HOW TO MAKE rainbow slice:
Start by lining a slice tin (approx 19 x 29 cm) with baking paper. Next melt the butter, condensed milk and dark chocolate together in the microwave then mix well. Place the crushed biscuits in a large bowl together with the rice bubbles. Pour in the melted chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Press the base mixture into the lined slice tin, spreading it all the way to the edges. Use the back of a metal spoon to smooth it out.
For the topping, melt the white chocolate in the microwave, add the oil and stir until smooth. Pour the white chocolate mix over the base, spreading it out evenly to the corners. Arrange the smarties in lines of each colour, then shake over the sprinkles.
Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight) until set. Take the slice out of the fridge a good 20 minutes before cutting into slices.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT rainbow slice:
How long does it keep for? Rainbow slice will keep well in airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
Do I have to use arrowroot biscuits? No! You can any plain biscuits such as Marie, Vanilla Wines, Super Wines or Arrowroots.
How long does rainbow slice take to set? It takes around 4 hours in the fridge (even better overnight) but you can speed up the process by putting it into the freezer for 30 minutes.
What size slice tin do you use? For this recipe I use my 19 x 29 cm slice tin.
Pin this post to your slices board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g condensed milk
- 150g butter
- 1 packet (250g) milk arrowroot biscuits, finely crushed
- 1 cup rice bubbles
- 250g white chocolate
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 120g Smarties
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
- Line a slice tin (approx 19 x 29cm) with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate, condensed milk and butter together in the microwave, then stir together well.
- Put crushed biscuits in a large bowl with the rice bubbles. Add melted chocolate mixture and stir together until combined. Press mixture into the lined tin, spreading it to the edges, and smooth the top with the back of a metal spoon.
- Topping: Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, add oil and stir until smooth. Pour the white chocolate over the base and spread it evenly to the edges.
- Arrange the Smarties in lines of each colour then shake over sprinkles.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours until set. Take out of the fridge 20 minutes before cutting into slices (this makes it easier to cut).
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- To speed up the setting process you can chill the slice in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- You can use any plain biscuits like Superwines, Milk Arrowroots or Maries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.