If you love all things hokey pokey then this slice is the ultimate treat!
There's always that one dish at a shared morning tea that everyone wants to try, this hokey pokey slice is it! Made with crunchy squiggle top biscuits and finished with crunchie rocks, this slice is hard to resist.
Another great no-bake slice, this sets in the fridge after 4 hours or overnight. I like to add the yellow food colouring to give it that squiggle top look, but if you don't have any it'll taste just as delicious without it.
HOW TO MAKE hokey pokey slice:
First line a slice tin (approx 19 x 29cm) with baking paper. Then crush the biscuits in food processor. Melt the condensed milk and butter together in the microwave, then stir in the crushed biscuits. Press the mixture into the lined tin then place in the freezer while making the topping.
For the topping, melt the white chocolate in the microwave then mix in the oil and optional food colouring. Spread the mix evenly over the base taking it right out to the edges. Use a rolling pin to roughly break up the crunchie rocks in their packet, then scatter over the chocolate topping. Chill for four hours or overnight, removing 20 minutes prior to cutting into slices.
If you love a good no-bake slice be sure to check out my awesome collection including No-bake Ginger Slice, Crispy Cashew Caramel Slice or my epic No-bake Snifter Lump Slice!
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT no-bake slices:
How long does hokey pokey slice take to set? It takes around 4 hours in the fridge (even better overnight) but you can speed up the process by putting it into the freezer for 30 minutes.
How should I store this slice? I store mine in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, (if it lasts that long!).
What size slice tin do you use? For this recipe I use my 19 x 29 cm slice tin.
Pin this post to your slices board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Hokey Pokey Slice
This slice is filled with delicious hokey pokey biscuits and topped with white chocolate.
- 120g sweetened condensed milk
- 120g butter
- 1 packet (215g) Hokey Pokey Squiggles biscuits, crushed
- 1 packet (250g) milk arrowroot biscuits, crushed
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 drops yellow food colouring (optional)
- 1 packet (135g) Crunchie Rocks
- Line a slice tin (approx 19 x 29cm) with baking paper.
- Melt condensed milk and butter together in the microwave. Stir together, then add the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Press mixture into lined tin. Chill base in the freezer while you make the topping.
- Topping: Melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Add the oil, stir until smooth, then add the yellow food colouring, if using, and stir again. Pour the chocolate over the base and spread it evenly to the edges.
- Use a rolling pin to roughly break up Crunchie Rocks then scatter them evenly over the melted chocolate topping.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours until set. Take out of the fridge 20 minutes before cutting into slices (this makes it easier to cut).
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- To speed up the setting process you can chill the slice in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- You can use any plain biscuits like Superwines, Milk Arrowroots or Maries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Leave a Reply