This Belgian Slice is a twist on the classic recipe. With a spiced melt and mix base then topped with pink raspberry icing.
This yummy Belgian slice is a great afternoon pick-me up or the perfect treat to take along to coffee with a group of friends! It has a simple melt and mix baked base so it is super fast to make.
How to make my Belgian slice:
To start off mix the melted butter, sugar and golden syrup together then add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour into a lined baking tray (my tray is 27 x 18 cm) and bake for 20 minutes.
During the baking time whisk the jelly crystals and boiling water together then add the jam, sift in the icing sugar and stir all the ingredients together to combine. It comes out the most beautiful pink colour.
Ice the base while still warm then sprinkle over extra jelly crystals. Put slice into the fridge until the icing has set, then slice with a large sharp knife. This slice can be kept for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the pantry, making it a convenient make ahead treat!
More easy Slice recipes to try:
Check out the easy recipe below:
Yield 16 pieces
- 175g butter, melted (6oz)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- 3 Tbsp raspberry jelly crystals
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 3 Tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C fanbake.
- In a large bowl whisk together melted butter, brown sugar and golden syrup. Add the egg and mix again.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice. Fold through all of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- To make the icing: Add 2 tablespoons of jelly crystals to a bowl then add the boiling water and whisk together. Add the raspberry jam and whisk again.
- Sift in icing sugar and stir all of the ingredients together to combine.
- Ice the base while still warm then sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of jelly crystals.
- Put slice into the fridge until the icing has set then slice with a large sharp knife. Store in an air tight container in the pantry for up to 4 days.
- My slice tin size is 27 x 18 cm
Cuisine Sweet Treats