A Kiwi classic! Lolly cake or lolly log whatever you call it, it is delicious.
This lolly cake recipe is super easy to make with condensed milk, malt biscuits, butter and eskimoes.
If you can’t get your hands on eskimo lollies, fruit puffs or bananas work well too.
You can also use the same recipe mixture to roll them into balls and then into the coconut to make delicious lolly balls.
Or if you prefer a lolly slice you can push the mixture into a lined tray and then sprinkle the coconut over the top. Slice with a large knife after it has set in the fridge and keep in an airtight container.
MORE EASY SLICE RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY:
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS POST TO YOUR BAKING BOARD ON PINTEREST TO SAVE IT FOR LATER
You will be the favourite guest when you bring this along to the party!
- 120g butter, melted
- ½ can sweetened condensed milk (200g)
- 1 packet malt biscuits, crushed (250g)
- 1 packet Eskimos (150g) or fruit puffs, chopped
- ½ cup coconut
- Melt the butter and condensed milk together in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Add crushed biscuits to the butter and condensed milk mixture.
- Add the chopped Eskimos or fruit puffs and mix it all together.
- Once it is all combined turn out onto a clean surface and form two logs. Use your hands to tightly pack it together.
- Roll logs in coconut and make sure they are covered all over. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve cut into slices. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
To make Lolly Balls do steps 1 & 2 the same then roll the mixture into individual balls then roll each ball in coconut. Chill in the fridge until set.
To make Lolly Slice do steps 1 & 2 the same then push the mixture into a lined tray and sprinkle coconut over the top. Slice with a large knife after it has set in the fridge and keep in an airtight container.
Cuisine New Zealand
Here’s the step-by-step video from my Facebook page