This no bake Perky Nana slice is made with a chocolate biscuit base, Perky Nana lumps, condensed milk, butter and a dark chocolate topping.
When I saw the new Perky Nana Lumps come into stores I thought I need to create a new slice recipe with them. This one turned out so good with the chocolate biscuits in the base, it gives a delicious flavour along with the Perky Nana lumps. I topped mine with a layer of dark chocolate but you could choose whatever flavour chocolate you like.
How to make this No-bake Perky Nana slice:
First of all melt the butter with the sweetened condensed milk in the microwave. Blitz your chocolate biscuits into a fine crumb and add them to the warm butter and condensed milk. When you mix these together it will melt the chocolate biscuits and create a lovely base layer.
I choose to use Dark Chocolate Wheatens but most chocolate biscuits or even Milk Arrowroot’s would work in this slice. Chop up the Perky Nana lumps with a large knife, to make them easier to chop you can chill them in the freezer first.
Add the lumps to the biscuit base and mix everything together then spread into a lined baking tray. Melt the dark chocolate in 30 second bursts in the microwave and then spread it on top of the biscuit base. I like to mix a tablespoon of oil into the chocolate to prevent the topping from cracking when you slice it. Chill your slice in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
This slice could also be made with Pineapple Lumps, another one of my favourite New Zealand lollies. My friend Anna from Just a Mum NZ has a recipe for Pineapple lump slice too, check it out on her website here.
More easy no-bake slice recipes to try:
Check out the easy recipe below:
No-bake Perky Nana slice
Yield 20 pieces
- 100g butter (3.5oz)
- 100g sweetened condensed milk (3.5oz)
- 1 pack Dark Chocolate Wheaten biscuits (200g)(7oz), crushed
- 1 packet Perky Nana lumps (140g) (5oz)
- 180g dark chocolate (6oz)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Line a 20 X 20cm (8 x 8 inch) slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add butter and condensed milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30 second bursts until all the ingredients have melted together and stir well.
- Pour in the crushed biscuits then mix until combined.
- Roughly chop the Perky Nana lumps and add to the base ingredients, mix well.
- Press the mixture into the tray, spread to the edges and smooth the top with the back of a metal spoon.
- To make the topping, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts.
- Add the oil and stir until it is smooth. Pour the chocolate over the base and spread it evenly to the edges.
- Chill in the fridge until set for 2+ hours. Take out of the fridge 20 minutes before cutting into slices (this makes it easier to cut).
- If you don't have Chocolate Wheatens you could use another type of chocolate biscuit like Thins or Digestives.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Thank you so much for checking out my recipe. Follow along at my Facebook page.