A comforting pasta dish made with delicious Italian sausages and a creamy tomato sauce. Ready in 30 minutes.
I love a good pasta dish and my Creamy Tomato Italian Sausage Pasta is no exception! With 4 different types of tomato in the sauce, it really does pack a punch on flavour. Finished with cream and parmesan, this tasty dish will have you licking the bowl.
Italian sausages really are key to this meal. They are pork sausages with lots of delicious Italian herbs in them.
How to make creamy tomato Italian sausage pasta:
To begin, finely chop the onion and garlic then sauté in olive oil for a few minutes. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions until al dente. Squeeze the sausage meat out of the casings, add to the onion mixture. Use a spoon to break it into small pieces.
Brown the sausage then stir in tomato paste and crushed chilli. Add tomatoes, baby spinach and crushed tomatoes. Stir everything together and cover. Simmer for five minutes. Add honey then season well with salt and pepper to taste. Pour in the cream and stir the sauce together.
Add most of the grated parmesan then add the cooked pasta. Coat pasta in the sauce then serve immediately with extra parmesan on top and fresh herbs.
If you love quick and easy pasta dishes be sure to check out my recipes for One Pot Chicken and Pasta and One Pot Mince and Pasta. Or if you're looking for inspiration on how to use sausages, give my Curried Sausages a go!
Tips and Tricks for Creamy Tomato Italian Sausage Pasta:
- This makes such a large pot of mince and pasta that it is great to have as leftovers the next day. I love having portions in the fridge on-hand to heat up in the microwave for lunch.
- If you want to use plain beef or pork sausages add a tablespoon of Italian herbs to give the dish some extra flavour.
- You could easily freeze this for later and serve as a pasta bake. Simply let it cool to room temperature then add it to an ovenproof dish and scatter with cheese. Cover with a lid or cling-wrap and freeze in an airtight container.
- When you are ready to cook it for dinner simply thaw then bake in the oven until heated through and the cheese is bubbling on top.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g Italian sausages
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp crushed chilli
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 125g baby spinach leaves
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tsp honey
- 125ml cream
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 500g pasta spirals
- Finely chop onion and garlic then sauté in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions until al dente.
- Squeeze sausage meat out of the casings, add to the onion mixture. Use a spoon to break it into small pieces.
- Brown sausage then stir in tomato paste and crushed chilli.
- Add tomatoes, baby spinach and can of crushed tomatoes. Stir everything together and cover. Simmer for five minutes.
- Add honey then season well with salt and pepper to taste. Pour in cream and stir the sauce together. Add most of the grated parmesan then add the cooked pasta.
- Coat pasta in the sauce then serve immediately with extra parmesan on top and fresh herbs.
- Swap out the spiral pasta for penne, bowties or spaghetti if you prefer.
- Add more or less chilli depending on how hot you like things.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 586Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 838mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 26g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.