This slow cooker sausage pasta is a great budget friendly recipe that will feed a crowd or make enough to freeze for later.
I love slow cooker meals as you can probably tell by some of the recipes on my website. This slow cooker sausage pasta is so delicious and super easy to make. The recipe makes a large portion so you can have dinner one night and also freeze some for later.
How to make this slow cooker sausage pasta:
First of all thinly slice the onion and add it to a slow cooker or crock pot along with the crushed tomatoes, beef stock, tomato paste, Italian herbs, paprika and cumin. Slice the mushrooms and stir everything together then add the sausages.
Cook in the slow cooker on high for 3 hours or up to 6 hours on low. When it’s almost ready to serve remove the sausages and slice them into 1 cm pieces. Stir the cream cheese through the sauce then add the sausages back to the sauce. Season to your taste with salt and pepper and serve with plenty of cheese.
This easy meal makes 6+ serves so if you like you can create a pasta bake with the leftovers. Add the pasta to an ovenproof dish, scatter over grated cheese then cover it in clingfilm or put it in a plastic bag and keep it in the freezer until you are ready to bake. You can cook it directly from frozen until the pasta is cooked through and the cheese on top is bubbling.
I like to serve my pasta bake with a nice green salad and some crusty garlic bread. I’m sure this recipe will end up being one of your favourite slow cooker meals. It is great because it is so inexpensive and it turns basic ingredients into a sensational dinner.
More easy slow cooker recipes to try:
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock (I used 1 cup boiling water and an oxo cube)
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 750g sausages (8-10)
- 250ml tub of cream cheese or Philadelphia cream for cooking
- 500g penne pasta, cooked
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to the slow cooker and mix together.
- Add sausages and coat in the sauce.
- Cook in the slow cooker for 3+ hours on high or 6+ hours on low.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions and drain then set aside.
- Remove sausages from slow cooker and slice into 1cm pieces.
- Stir the cream cheese through the sauce.
- Add the sausages back to the sauce and stir in the cooked penne pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with plenty of grated cheese.
- Extra step if you want to grill the cheese: Scatter the cheese over the pasta, remove the ceramic dish from slow cooker and grill in the oven on 160.C until golden and bubbling. Please check that your slow cooker bowl can withstand the heat of the oven before doing this step.
- Pasta bake: You can turn this into a pasta bake by adding the mixture to an oven proof dish after step 6, then scatter over grated cheese and baking until golden. This is also a great way to freeze for later since it makes so much.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 1337mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 27g