This easy bacon pasta bake is so simple to make and only has a few ingredients, the perfect mid week meal.
One of my favourite things to create is pasta recipes and it’s even better when you can add cheese on top and turn it into a pasta bake. This easy bacon pasta bake will become one of your family favourites.
It is the perfect recipe for meal prep to take along for lunches, my husband loves these types of meals to take along for smoko when he’s building.
This recipe is so easy to make simply chop up the bacon into small pieces, fry until golden then add the garlic and stir together. I like to add the garlic after the bacon so that it doesn’t catch and burn, it also gives a nice strong garlic flavour to the pasta bake.
Pour in the canned tomatoes and stir then add the the Philadelphia cooking cream and stir again. If you don’t have cooking cream then you can use cream cheese, sour cream or even standard cream. It will still give a similar flavour, I just really like the texture of this cooking cream.
Once the sauce is made it’s time to add the baby spinach and a cooked pasta, stir it all together and then pour into a large baking dish. Scatter over the grated cheese and bake for around 20 minutes until it is golden and bubbling.
Serve your pasta bake immediately with a delicious side salad and some crusty garlic bread. Or you can box it up and have it as leftovers the next day. This pasta bake is great to put in the freezer if you want to keep it for later just make up the whole recipe up until scattering over the grated cheese and then instead of putting it in the oven cover it in clingfilm and freeze.
More easy pasta recipes to try:
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 500g penne pasta
- 250g bacon, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 250ml Philadelphia cooking cream
- ½ bag baby spinach
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200ºC fanbake.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Fry bacon in a large frypan until cooked through, add garlic and stir together.
- Pour in canned tomatoes and stir, add the cream and stir again until it has all melted together.
- Add the baby spinach to the sauce then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the sauce with cooked pasta and pour into a baking dish.
- Spread grated cheese over the top.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve immediately.
- This pasta bake is great to put in the freezer for later! Just make the recipe up until step 7. After adding the cheese to the top let it cool then cover in cling film and freeze.
- This recipe is also great meal prep for lunches, just heat for 1-2 minutes until piping hot in the microwave at work.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 877mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 25g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.