Check out my delicious recipe for Blueberry and Coconut Loaf, the perfect treat for morning tea with friends.
I have developed this easy recipe for Blueberry and Coconut Loaf to show you how delicious baking with WHOLE EARTH Sweetener Co.’s products can be. I used the Baking Blend which is a blend of raw cane sugar and stevia. It bakes and browns just like sugar with 50% fewer calories than traditional sugar and is made from 100% natural ingredients. When baking with it you use the ratio of ½ cup Baking Blend to 1 cup sugar, as you only need half the amount to get the same sweetness as sugar! Therefore, your baking will have less calories and you can eat it without the guilt but still the great taste.
How to make Blueberry and Coconut Loaf:
This loaf is so easy to make, you just combine all of the dry ingredients then fold in the wet. Be careful when you add the blueberries as you don’t want the whole loaf to turn purple. I used frozen blueberries but fresh would work well too or even frozen raspberries if that’s what you have on hand.
The perfect treat for morning tea with your family or share over a cuppa with friends. This loaf freezes really well so you could double the mixture and once cooked wrap a loaf with baking paper and pop in the freezer until you need it.
There are plenty more delicious low-calorie recipes and ideas at the WHOLE EARTH Sweetener Co.’s website.
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup WHOLE EARTH Sweetener Co. Baking Blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp WHOLE EARTH Sweetener Co. Baking Blend
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan bake. Add flour, coconut, baking powder and WHOLE EARTH Sweetener Co. Baking Blend into a large bowl. Stir together with a whisk.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in milk, egg and vanilla essence. Fold all ingredients together.
- Add blueberries and fold again softly, pour mixture into a baking paper lined loaf tin. Add a few more blueberries to the top of the loaf and sprinkle over the Whole Earth Baking Blend.
- Bake for 50 minutes until golden on top and a skewer comes out clean.
- This delicious loaf is best served warm, I also love it sliced with butter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHECKING OUT MY RECIPE.
FOLLOW ALONG AT MY FACEBOOK PAGE.
Disclosure: This recipe was developed while partnering with WHOLE EARTH Sweetener Co. The content and opinions are my own.