Delicious BBQ Steak Fajitas served with grilled veggies, avocado and a tasty chipotle mayo dressing. A fun meal to share with friends.
If you're looking for a fresh, easy and tasty summer meal, look no further than my BBQ Steak Fajitas. The steak is coated in a blend of delicious Mexican spices before being grilled to perfection on the BBQ. Topped with a yummy chipotle mayo, you can't go wrong.
A good piece of skirt steak or rump steak works really well in this recipe. Also, I swear by Best Foods Mayonnaise for the dressing!
Did you know this recipe was voted as one of the top 8 VJ Cooks dinner recipes of all time by our social media followers? To celebrate these popular recipes, I compiled a FREE ebook of the crowd favourites. Click here to download my Favourite Dinners ebook.
How to make BBQ Steak Fajitas:
To start, coat the steak in olive oil and then sprinkle over the spices.
Slice vegetables into thin strips. Mix together chipotle mayo ingredients then chill until ready to use.
Barbecue the seasoned steak for a few minutes on each side until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest then cut into thin strips. Barbecue capsicum and red onion on the flat grill until cooked through. Toast tortillas then serve warm with grilled steak, capsicum, onion, avocado, chipotle mayo and coriander.
Common questions about BBQ Steak Fajitas:
Can I make these without a BBQ? You can. This meal could also be made in a frying pan.
What type of steak should I use? The best types of steak for fajitas are skirt, rump, flank or sirloin.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 500g rump or sirloin steak
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 4 Tbsp Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp chipotle sauce
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 8 Tortillas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Coat steak in olive oil and then the spices. Slice vegetables into thin strips.
- Mix together chipotle mayo ingredients and chill until ready to use.
- Barbecue steak for a few minutes on each side until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest then slice into thin pieces.
- Barbecue capsicum and red onion with some olive oil on the flat griddle until cooked through, approx 10 mins.
- Toast tortillas then serve warm topped with the grilled steak, capsicum, onion and sliced avocado. Drizzle over chipotle mayo and garnish with coriander.
- Steak could be swapped out for chicken if you prefer. Just make sure it is cooked through before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 758Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 1083mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 13gSugar: 6gProtein: 46g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.