A great BBQ meal, these apricot pork chops taste delicious served with brown rice salad. Ready in less than 30 minutes.
I try to get a variety of meat into my family's diet over the week. When my local supermarket had pork chops on special, I came up with these delicious Apricot Pork Chops with Rice Salad to mix things up a bit. The whole meal is ready in less than 30 minutes and is so tasty.
Pork chops cook really well on the BBQ, however you could also use pork steaks or cutlets if you prefer. If you want to make this meal in winter, you could substitute the capsicum and corn in the rice salad for roast pumpkin and feta.
How to make Apricot pork chops with rice salad:
Start by mixing whisking the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, then coat the pork chops on all sides. Store in the fridge until ready to cook.
Make the rice salad by mixing all the ingredients together and seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook pork chops on a hot BBQ for around 5 minutes each side.
Once the pork chops are cooked, serve immediately on top of the rice salad with a side of greens.
Common questions about Apricot pork chops with rice salad:
Which cuts of pork can I use for this recipe? This recipe is so versatile. You can use either pork loin chops, pork leg or rump steak or pork sirloin.
How long will the rice salad keep for? The salad will keep well for 2 days if kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 4 pork chops or cutlets, 800g
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder, or crushed fresh garlic
- 250g wild brown rice, cooked
- 1 corn cob, cooked & sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 1 Tbsp green pesto
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp basil leaves, chopped
- Whisk together the apricot jam, apple cider, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Add the pork chops and coat on all sides in the marinade. Store in the fridge until ready to cook.
- To make the rice salad mix all of the ingredients together and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook pork chops on a hot barbecue for around five minutes each side basting as they cook with any extra marinade.
- Once the pork chops are cooked through, serve immediately on top of the rice salad with a side of greens
or salad. I have served it with barbecued courgettes.
- I used a packet mix of wild brown rice but you could cook brown rice at home or swap for any preferred rice.
- If you have time, marinate the pork chops in advance and keep in the fridge until ready to cook. This can be done the night before if you want to get organised.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 557mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 51g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.