Quick, easy and tasty. These Cajun pork steaks served with fresh pineapple salsa are the perfect summer meal.
I love cooking on the BBQ in summer and these New Zealand pork steaks coated in cajun seasoning are super easy to make. Served with a fresh pineapple salsa and homemade wedges, it is such a delicious meal.
To cook the pork in this recipe, I’ve used the 6+2+2 method. Cook the pork for 6 minutes on one side, flip it and cook it for 2 minutes on the other side, then remove from the heat and allow to rest for 2 minutes. 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 minutes to tasty! You can’t go wrong with this technique.
How to make Cajun pork steaks with pineapple salsa:
To begin, coat the pork steaks (or chops) in olive oil and cajun seasoning until covered all over.
Finely chop the pineapple, tomatoes, basil and spring onion and mix together in a bowl. Cover, then store in the fridge until ready to use.
Preheat a pan, griddle pan or BBQ plate to a high heat. Cook pork on one side without turning for 6 minutes. Turn over once and allow them to cook for 2 more minutes on the other side. Take the pork chops straight off the BBQ without flipping over and place on a plate to rest for two minutes.
After they have rested, serve the pork chops immediately with fresh pineapple salsa on top and a side of hot wedges with sour cream.
Common questions about Cajun pork steaks:
Which cuts of pork can I use for this recipe? This recipe is so versatile. You can use either pork loin chops, pork leg or rump steak or pork sirloin. Aim for cuts that are 2cm in thickness. If your pork is thicker than this, cook it slightly longer on the second side.
What is cajun seasoning? Cajun seasoning is generally a mix of paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, pepper, oregano and salt. You can buy it pre-made from the supermarket or make your own if you prefer!
AD – THANKS SO MUCH TO NZ PORK FOR PARTNERING WITH ME TO CREATE THIS RECIPE.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 4 New Zealand pork steaks/chops (700g)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- Half a fresh pineapple
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1 spring onion
- Home made potato wedges
- Sour cream
- Coat pork steaks in olive oil, salt and cajun seasoning until covered all over.
- Finely chop the pineapple, tomatoes, basil and spring onion. Mix together in a bowl, cover and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat a pan, griddle pan or BBQ plate to a high heat. Cook pork on one side without turning for 6 minutes.
- Turn over once and allow them to cook for 2 more minutes on the other side.
- Take the pork chops straight off the BBQ and place on a plate to rest for two minutes. This allows the juices to settle and they will be lovely and tender.
- Serve the pork chops immediately after they rested with fresh pineapple salsa on top and a side of hot wedges with sour cream.
- You can use pork steaks or chops for this recipe.
- My chops were approximately 2 cm thick for the recipe. If your pork is thicker then cook it for longer on the second side.
- I used a mini chopper to finely slice up my tomatoes and pineapple which made it super easy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 1523mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 44g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.