These mini banoffee tarts only have five ingredients and are super quick and easy to make.
You can’t beat a banoffee tart and these mini ones are so delicious. I made mine with sweet shortcrust pastry, canned caramel, chocolate, bananas and whipped cream.
You can make these tarts even quicker by using pre-made tart cases, then it is just a matter of assembling all of the ingredients.
If you are making the pastry tart shells at home, heat the caramel with the chocolate pieces in the oven so that they become gooey and delicious.
Serve with whipped cream on top and then scatter over some dark chocolate shavings or crumble a Flake chocolate bar over the top.
This recipe also works very well with strawberries instead of bananas on top of the caramel in the tart.
Click here to pin this post to your Christmas Desserts board on Pinterest and save it for later
More Christmas recipes to try:
Here are the ingredients if you want to make a super speedy version: simply fill readymade tart shells with caramel, top with flake then sliced banana and whipped cream. Add more flake on top to serve.
Check out the easy recipe below:
- 2 sheets of sweet short pastry or 12 pre-made mini tart cases
- 1 can caramel condensed milk
- 12 squares of chocolate or 1 flake bar
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 250ml cream, whipped
- Extra chocolate or flake bar
- Preheat oven to 180°C fanbake. Prepare a muffin tin with lots of cooking spray or line each hole with baking paper, the pastry cases can be very hard to get out once cooked.
- Cut pastry to fit then line each hole and blind bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add one large tablespoon of caramel and 1 square of chocolate in each pastry case. Bake for 5 minutes until melted and pastry is cooked through.
- Once cooled remove tarts from tray, arrange sliced banana on top then a dollop of whipped cream. Scatter with chocolate shards or flake.
- This recipe also works well with sliced strawberries.
- You can use pre-made pastry cases and skip the baking part.
- You could also used whipped cream in a can but be aware it will not hold its shape for as long as home-whipped cream. So add it just before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.