This is one of the most popular recipes on my Facebook page
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS POST TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD ON PINTEREST AND SAVE IT FOR LATER
You can't beat this layered pavlova with mango, lime and coconut for a tropical twist on the classic Kiwi dessert.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of cornflour
- 1 tsp of white vinegar
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- 2 mangoes
- 500mls of cream
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 lime
- Small bar of white chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 120ºC and line a tray with baking paper.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, add caster sugar 1 teaspoon at a time and keep beating until very stiff.
- Add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla essence and fold together.
- Spread two even rectangles onto tray and bake for one hour. Turn off oven and leave the pavlova inside to cool.
- Spread coconut onto a tray and bake until golden.
- Cut flesh off mangoes and thinly slice.
- Whip cream with icing sugar and spread half onto first layer of pavlova. Scatter over toasted coconut, grate over lime zest, layer half of the mango slices.
- Add second layer of pavlova, cream, coconut, lime zest and the rest of the mango.
- Grate white chocolate over the top and serve.
Alternatively this recipe would work well with fresh berries and dark chocolate.
Here is the recipe video so you can see it step by step