Self saucing lemon pudding is so easy to make and will be sure to please your family! A kiwi classic.
You should have the basic ingredients for this recipe in your pantry, bonus if you have a lemon tree as it is a great way to use up lemons! There is something so comforting about having a warm pudding after dinner.
The debate is whether you serve your lemon delicious dessert with ice cream or cream, or you could just go for both! In the photos I have made the pudding in separate ramekins but you could easily make this in one dish too.
If you’re looking for another self saucing pudding, be sure to check out my recipe for Chocolate and Banana Self Saucing Pudding. Another comforting, and moreish pudding is my Hot Cross Bun Bread and Butter Pudding – so easy to make and your family will love it.
Common questions about Lemon Delicious:
What size dish should I use? You can either make this in individual ramekins or one large dish. I would suggest a standard 27 x 18cm oven proof dish.
Could I use limes instead of lemons? Absolutely! If you or someone you know has an abundance of limes, feel free to use those up instead of lemons!
Pin this post to your dessert board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 75g (2.7oz) butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- Cream or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan bake.
- Grease an ovenproof dish or 4-6 ramekins (Depending on size).
- Place the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolks and milk in a bowl then whisk to combine. Sift in caster sugar and flour then stir again.
- In a clean bowl use a mixer or electric beater to beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold half of the egg white into the lemon mixture then gently fold in the rest.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish or ramekins and place in a larger baking dish. Pour enough boiling water into baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the smaller dishes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and just set. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream or ice cream.
- This also works really well with lime juice and zest.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.