Zesty, sweet and creamy, this Lemon Curd Ambrosia is ready in just 15 minutes. An easy and delicious dessert made from whipped cream, lemon yoghurt, lemon curd, white marshmallows and grated white chocolate.
The popularity of my Classic Ambrosia continues to grow and grow. So, I figured it was a great time to add a twist to the traditional recipe with this tasty Lemon Curd Ambrosia.
This pretty dessert would be a perfect addition to your Christmas Day lunch or dinner, especially if you're trying to balance out chocolate and berry dishes. Give yourself a break! Whip this easy recipe up in 15 minutes, then sit back and enjoy your day.
- Marshmallows: Did I buy two packets of pink and white marshmallows and pick out all the white ones? Yes I did. Is it necessary? Absolutely not. If you like the white and gold aesthetic like me, then separate away! If you can't be bothered, then throw them all in!
- Lemon curd: I love this Anathoth lemon curd. Leftover curd is great on toast, warm scones or pikelets with whipped cream.
- Yoghurt: Have you tired lemon yoghurt? I was surprised at how many varieties are available these days! But fear not, if you can't get your hands on any, plain or greek yoghurt would also work as long as you have the lemon curd to add.
Note: Scroll to the recipe card for the ingredients, quantities and the full method.
Step by step instructions:
Whip cream in a large bowl until peaks form. Cut marshmallows in half and add to the cream.
Add the yoghurt and half of the lemon curd. Gently fold everything together.
Pour into a serving dish, then add the remaining lemon curd. Gently swirl through.
Shave white chocolate over the top and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Ambrosia should be eaten within two days of being made. Therefore if you make it and serve it immediately, you can store leftovers in the fridge for two days. If you prepare it the day before (to get ahead), it should only be kept for one day after serving.
Of course! There is an excellent recipe for homemade lemon curd in the Lemon Curd Pavlova post on my website.
Store any leftover ambrosia in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
It's totally fine to add pink marshmallows into this recipe. I like the look of the white and yellow ingredients together. But if you can't be bothered separating the marshmallows, throw them all in!
Made this recipe?
Please click on the stars below to rate it or, write a review!
- 300ml cream
- 200g white marshmallows
- 500g lemon yoghurt
- 200g lemon curd
- 30g white chocolate
- Whip cream in a large bowl until peaks form.
- Cut marshmallows in half and add to the cream.
- Add the yoghurt and half of the lemon curd. Gently fold everything together.
- Pour into a serving dish then add the remaining lemon curd. Gently swirl through.
- Shave white chocolate over the top and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- This dessert is even better if you make it the day before.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Thank you for checking out this recipe. I hope you enjoy making and eating it! If you have any questions, queries or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below.
If you don't already follow me, head over to my Instagram or Facebook pages to keep up to date with all my new recipes.