A Kiwi twist on the British classic, my Ambrosia Eton Mess is a wonderful dessert for Christmas Day.
Ambrosia is one of the most popular recipes on my website. It also happens to be one of husband’s favourites. As an early Christmas present to him, I created this amazing Ambrosia Eton Mess which the whole family loved.
This epic dessert can be enjoyed at any time of the year and would make an excellent addition to your Christmas Day. It’s super easy to put together and can even be made the day before. This affordable dessert is made with store-bought meringues and looks super impressive when served.
How to make Ambrosia Eton Mess:
The first step is to make the Ambrosia. In a large bowl, whip the cream until peaks form. Cut the marshmallows in half and add to the cream. Add in the yoghurt, boysenberries and one of the crumbled flake bars. Mix until combined.
Slice the meringues up, trying to keep some of the swirls intact. In a stemless wine glass, layer up the ambrosia with the sliced meringues, strawberries and 1 of the Flake bars (crumbled) until 2/3 full. Repeat into the remaining wine glasses until all the ingredients have been used.
Crumble the 3rd Flake bar on top of each individual dessert. This will make between 8 – 10 portions depending on the size of your glasses. Chill in the fridge for at least three hours or preferably overnight.
Common questions about Ambrosia Eton Mess:
Do I need stemless wine glasses to make this recipe? Not at all. You could also use regular wine glasses, glass bowls or even tall drinking glasses. You want to see all the pretty layers stacked up so glass is best!
Could I use other flavours? Absolutely. If you prefer, you could add/substitute fresh raspberries or blueberries in. I’ve also made a version with regular berry yoghurt (not greek) and that was delicious too!
Pin this post to your Desserts board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 300mls cream
- 180g bag marshmallows
- 500g Greek yoghurt
- 1 can boysenberries, drained (425g)
- 3 Flake bars
- 12 pack of meringues 95g
- 2 punnets of strawberries, finely sliced
- Whip cream in a large bowl until peaks form.
- Cut marshmallows in half and add to the cream.
- Add yoghurt, boysenberries and one crumbled Flake bar. Mix together until well combined.
- Cut meringues into pieces.
- In a stemless wine glass, layer up the ambrosia, the meringue pieces and the sliced strawberries with one of the crumbled flake bars until ⅔ full. Repeat in all glasses until all ingredients have been used.
- Crumble the remaining Flake bar on top of each dessert and chill for at least 3 hours before serving or preferably overnight.
- I like to slice the meringues instead of crushing them. This keeps the pretty swirls intact and makes the dessert look even more impressive.
- Feel free to use your favourite combination of fruit and berries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.