This is such an easy recipe for chocolate mousse and the raspberry sauce takes it too the next level.
This chocolate mousse is a perfect dinner party dessert to share with your family and friends. You can serve it in individual glasses or in one large bowl. Adding the easy raspberry sauce makes it into one spectacular pudding.
There is only four ingredients in the chocolate mousse: cream, eggs, chocolate and brown sugar. I like to use dark chocolate in my chocolate mousse but this recipe would also work very well with white or milk chocolate.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE:
To make the chocolate mousse part you whisk the eggs with the brown sugar, pour in the melted chocolate and fold through the whipped cream. Before melting the chocolate remember to finely grate two tablespoons and set it aside, this is for garnish on top at the end of the recipe.
The raspberry sauce is super simple too, just combine the frozen raspberries and caster sugar in a small jag then microwave and stir. Pour it into the individual glasses and let it cool before pouring over the rich chocolate mousse. This mousse is best served after at least 4 hours of chilling time and can be kept for up to two days in the fridge.
MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES TO TRY:
Check out the easy recipe below:
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 200g chocolate
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- In a small jug mix together raspberries and caster sugar, microwave on high for 1 minute stir and then microwave for another minute. Stir again and put the sauce in the fridge to cool.
- Finely grate 2 tablespoons of chocolate and set aside.
- Break up remaining chocolate into a bowl and microwave until melted, about 2 minutes. Stir and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixer with whisk eggs with brown sugar for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Pour in the warm chocolate and fold together. Add the whipped cream and fold again until incorporated.
- Divide the raspberry sauce between 4 glasses then spoon over the chocolate mousse. Fill to the top and sprinkle over the grated chocolate.
- Chill for at least 4 hours until set then serve.
- This recipe would work well with white, dark or milk chocolate.
- NOTE: This recipe contains raw eggs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 599 Total Fat: 39g Saturated Fat: 24g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 172mg Sodium: 95mg Carbohydrates: 55g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 47g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g