If you love the combination of chocolate and orange you will love these blondies.
These orange blondies with dark chocolate chips are so tasty, this is such an easy recipe to make. After the success of my lemon blondies I thought it was time to create a new recipe based on the same idea. I was given some lovely juicy oranges from my sisters tree so whipped up this delicious batch.
How to make orange and dark chocolate chip blondies:
First of all melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir in the brown sugar, eggs, orange zest and juice then mix it all together. Sift in the flour and baking powder then add the dark chocolate chips. Mix it all together and pour into a lined baking tray. Scatter extra chocolate chips over the top.
Bake until the blondie is turning golden on the outside but still a little bit soft in the centre. Let it cool in the tin then sprinkle over icing sugar and serve. These blondies will last for up to 5 days in a airtight container in the pantry. If you prefer white or milk chocolate chips you could use them instead.
My husband Mike said this is one of his favourite recipes that I have created and my kids love it too. My slice tin is 29 x 19 cm, the brand is Haven and I purchased from Farmers in New Zealand.
More easy baking recipes to try:
Check out the easy recipe below:
Orange blondie with dark chocolate chips
Yield 16 pieces
- 150g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 100ml fresh orange juice (2 medium oranges)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 170° fan bake. (340°F)
- In a large bowl melt butter in the microwave in 30 second bursts.
- Add sugar and orange zest & juice, stir again and add the eggs.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Fold everything together and whisk out any lumps. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a lined slice tin then scatter over the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 22 minutes until blondie feels firm on the surface.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- My slice tin is 28 x 18cms
- Keep in an airtight container in the pantry. Best eaten in the first 2 days.