If you love the combination of chocolate and orange you'll love these blondies.
Perfectly soft & moist, they won't last long.
These Orange Blondies with Dark Chocolate Chips are so tasty and so easy to make. After the success of my lemon blondies I thought it was time to create a new recipe based on the same idea. I was given some lovely juicy oranges from my sister's tree so whipped up this delicious batch.
How to make orange and dark chocolate chip blondies:
First of all melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir in the brown sugar, eggs, orange zest and juice then mix it all together. Sift in the flour and baking powder then add the dark chocolate chips. Mix it all together and pour into a lined baking tray. Scatter extra chocolate chips over the top.
Bake until the blondie is turning golden on the outside but still a little bit soft in the centre. Let it cool in the tin then sprinkle over icing sugar and serve. These blondies will last for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the pantry. If you prefer white or milk chocolate chips you could use them instead.
My husband Mike said this is one of his favourite recipes that I have created and my kids love it too.
This baked slice is so delicious because of how soft and moist the centre is. If you like that kind of texture, be sure to check out my recipes for Lemon and White Chocolate Blondie, Chocolate and Raspberry Skillet Brownie as well as my epic Chocolate Caramel Brownie.
Common questions about Orange Blondie with Dark Chocolate Chips:
What size slice tin should I use? My slice tin is 29 x 19 cm, the brand is Haven and I purchased from Farmers in New Zealand.
How long does this slice keep for? This slice will keep well for up to three days in an airtight container.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Orange Blondie with Dark Chocolate Chips
Perfectly soft and moist orange and dark chocolate chip blondies.
- 150g butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 100 ml fresh orange juice (2 medium oranges)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan bake.
- In a large bowl melt butter in the microwave in 30 second bursts.
- Add sugar and orange zest & juice, stir again and add the eggs.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Fold everything together and whisk out any lumps. Stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a lined slice tin then scatter over the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 22 minutes until blondie feels firm on the surface.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- My slice tin is 28 x 18cm
- Keep in an airtight container in the pantry. Best eaten in the first 2 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Any chance you could substitute the orange juice for milk? Or another flavour/liquid? Would love to make these without the orange flavour 🙂
I haven't tried that but it should work. Let me know how you get on.
Use lemon and lemon juice
Can I use mandarins instead? I have an excess of them right now haha