You can’t beat this delicious and rich chocolate caramel brownie. A great treat to share with friends.
This recipe for Chocolate Caramel Brownie is a favourite of my blogger friend Rebecca from Rocky and Ruby. She calls it “The best brownie ever” and let me use the recipe to make a video on my Facebook page. It is so easy using the cheats ready made caramel in a can and the delicious dark chocolate gives it a great flavour.
To make it you just melt the butter and chocolate together then add it to the sifted dry ingredients with 2 eggs. Lightly fold the mixture together and pour it into a lined baking tray, spread it out then add dollops of the yummy caramel.
Common questions about Chocolate Caramel Brownie:
What size tin should I use? I use a 20cm square baking pan for this recipe. You can use a rectangle if you prefer. The thicker the uncooked brownie is, the longer it will take to cook.
How long does brownie keep for? Because it is quite moist, brownie will keep well in an airtight container for up to 5 days. But good luck making it last that long!
Pin this post to your baking board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ can caramel condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan bake. Melt together chocolate and butter in a saucepan or in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Sift cocoa, sugar, flour and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and mix in eggs, butter and chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into a lined 20cm square cake pan and spread to edges. Dot the surface of the mix with caramel, gently pressing it into the batter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until brownie feels firm on the surface. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
- Cook the brownie to your preference. I like mine when it's still a little gooey in the centre.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.