These Caramilk chunk cookies are so delicious with a crispy outside and chewy centre you will not be able to stop at one!
So the secret is out Caramilk is back and for good this time! This recipe went viral when Caramilk came out for a limited time in 2018 with 300k views of the video on Facebook.
I was so happy with the way these delicious Caramilk chunk cookies turned out. They have a lovely cinnamon flavour that goes so well with the big chocolate chunks. You can swap the chocolate for other flavours in this recipe too – milk, dark or even white chocolate.
How to make my Caramilk cookies:
To make these delicious cookies start off by whipping the butter and sugars together until fluffy, then add in the egg and mix again. Fold in the dry ingredients and mix it all together before adding the roughly chopped Caramilk chocolate.
This recipe makes 18 large cookies or 30 medium sized ones. If you want to save some for later you can roll them into balls and freeze in a ziplock bag. When you want to cook them take them out of the freezer and you can bake from frozen, this will stop them spreading too much. If you want them flatter then let them thaw for 30 minutes.
Make sure you space out your cookies as they spread a lot during cooking. I place 5-6 on each baking tray. Bake your cookies until they are turning golden on the outside but still chewy in the centre.
Let your cookies cool for 15 minutes if you can wait that long. Or eat them warm while the chocolate is still melted in the centre. Perfect with a glass of milk or cup of tea.
More delicious cookie recipes to try:
MORE DELICIOUS CARAMILK RECIPES FROM MY NZ & OZ FOOD BLOGGING FRIENDS:
• Anna from Just a Mum is the queen of Caramilk recipes and has them for: Caramilk cheesecake, Caramilk no-bake slice, One-Pot Brownie with Caramilk, Caramilk coconut brownie, Caramilk cookie slice and Caramilk mud cake.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 300g (10.5oz) softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 bars of Caramilk (180g each)
- Preheat oven to 180°C fanbake.
- In a mixer beat butter and sugars until smooth, add eggs and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Sift in flour, cinnamon and baking soda then fold all together.
- Roughly chop Caramilk chocolate into large chunks or break apart. Mix chocolate into dough.
- Roll dough into balls and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and place on lined baking tray with lots of space around each dough ball.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until turning golden but still soft in the centre.
- If you want to freeze half of the mix for later you can put the rolled up balls in a zip lock bag once chilled, then freeze.
- Or you can roll the mix into a log and wrap in cling film. Then when you want to bake more cookies, remove from freezer, unwrap and cut chilled/frozen dough into 2cm chunks with a large sharp knife. Place on lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 mins until turning golden but still soft in the centre.
- If you do not chill the dough before baking they will spread very quickly, more like a Subway cookie so give them lots of space on the tray.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 86mg Carbohydrates: 37g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 21g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g