These mini tropical pavlovas are topped with whipped cream, fresh mango and passionfruit, perfect for summer!
I think meringue is one of my favourite things to make, it just looks so beautiful and glossy once it is whipped up. These Mini Tropical Pavlovas are so easy to make, plus you can prep them ahead of time then serve once your guests are ready for dessert! Perfect for a dinner party or Christmas feast.
In this recipe I have given 2 different topping ideas. Load up the baked pavs with whipped cream, then top with either fresh mango and passionfruit sauce or if you prefer fresh strawberries with white chocolate sauce.
Which one would you choose? My favourite would have to be the mango. I love it when Australian Mangos are available in New Zealand, they are by far the sweetest.
How to make tropical pavlovas:
The first step is making the mini pavlovas. Preheat the oven to 170°C fan bake and line two trays with baking paper. Add the egg whites to the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high until stiff peaks form.
Add vanilla and vinegar then whisk again on a slow speed. Turn speed up to medium and gradually add the caster sugar, whisking until stiff and glossy.
Spoon 8 rounds of meringue onto lined baking trays. Reduce the oven to 120°C and bake for 40 minutes or until crisp to the touch. Turn the oven off, open the door ajar and leave the mini pavs until they have cooled completely.
This will result in pavlovas that are crispy on the outside, and soft in the centre. Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the pantry.
Whip the cream in a mixer or with hand beaters until soft peaks form. Cut the mango into thin strips and slice the strawberries.
Serve the pavlovas topped with whipped cream and either sliced mango or strawberries. Then drizzle over white chocolate sauce or passionfruit pulp, or both! Add a dusting or icing sugar right before serving. Your guests will be so impressed.
Common questions about mini pavlovas:
How long will the mini pavlovas keep for? These pavlovas will keep well, in an airtight container in the pantry, for up to four days.
What other fruit could I use? Feel free to use your favourite fruit! Cherries would be great on Christmas day. Raspberries, blueberries or sliced rock melon would also be delicious.
Pin this post to your desserts board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar (200g)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp white vinegar
WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 100g white chocolate
- 100ml cream
- 300ml cream, whipped
- 1 mango, sliced
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 100g passionfruit pulp
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar
- Mini Pavlovas: Preheat oven to 170ºC fan bake and line two trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Add egg whites to the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla essence and vinegar then whisk again on a slow speed. Turn speed up to medium and gradually add the caster sugar. Whisk on high for 5 minutes or until stiff and glossy.
- Spoon 8 rounds of meringue onto each baking tray. Reduce the oven temperature to 120°C and bake for 40 minutes or until crisp to the touch.
- Turn off the oven and cool the mini pavlovas completely with the door ajar. Once cool store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 4 days.
- White chocolate sauce: Break up the white chocolate into a heatproof bowl, pour in 100ml cream and microwave for 60 seconds. Leave warm cream and chocolate to sit for 2 minutes then stir until smooth. Store in the fridge until ready to serve. You may have to heat it slightly before serving.
- To serve: Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Thinly slice the mango and strawberries.
- Spoon whipped cream on top of each pavlova. Add the sliced mango or strawberries. Drizzle over white chocolate sauce or passionfruit pulp. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.