This delicious Chocolate Pavlova is topped with whipped cream, pistachios, cherry sauce and crumbled flake, the perfect Christmas dessert.
This Chocolate Cherry Pavlova looks absolutely stunning and is sure to wow your friends and family at special occasions. A great dessert for Christmas Day.
One of my favourite things to make in my KitchenAid is Pavlova. Check out my recipes for Mango Pavlova and Mini raspberry and chocolate pavlovas. I just love the look of that glossy whipped meringue. Inspired by Christmas I thought it was time to make a chocolate cherry pavlova. This recipe did not disappoint!
This really is the perfect dessert for Christmas Day. You can make the chocolate pavlova the day before then leave it in the oven to cool overnight. Simply assemble the toppings on Christmas day just before serving.
HOW TO MAKE this delicious chocolate cherry pavlova:
First of all make sure your egg whites are at room temperature, then whip them until peaks form. Slowly pour in the caster sugar and whisk on high speed for at least five minutes or until you can’t feel any sugar granules when you rub the meringue between your fingers.
Add the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla essence, this makes the pavlova have a delicious crunchy outside and marshmallowy centre. Carefully fold in some of the cocoa, you still want to see swirls of the dark chocolate cocoa powder.
Arrange the meringue in a circle on a lined oven tray. Add extra cocoa and swirl it through the top of the meringue, this will give it a lovely rustic look.
The pavlova is now ready to bake in a preheated oven at 120°C fan-bake. After an hour I like to turn off the oven and leave the pavlova inside until the oven has cooled completely or even overnight.
This cherry sauce is so simple to make - add the frozen cherries and caster sugar to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and crush the cherries with a fork or potato masher. Stir until the sauce reduces and it is beginning to thicken. Set aside to cool.
Now it is time to assemble the pavlova. I used my KitchenAid to whip the cream until peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the pavlova. This is the perfect time to cover up any cracks that may have occurred while baking or cooling. Don’t worry it will still taste delicious.
After the whipped cream spoon over the cooled cherry sauce. Make sure your pistachios are finely chopped and then sprinkle these over the top. Arrange the fresh cherries and sprinkle over crumbled chocolate flake.
I’m so happy with the way this delicious chocolate cherry pavlova turned out.
Thank you so much to KitchenAid for partnering with me to create this easy Christmas dessert recipe.
PIN THIS POST TO YOUR CHRISTMAS DESSERTS BOARD ON PINTEREST AND SAVE IT FOR LATER
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Chocolate Cherry Pavlova
This delicious chocolate pavlova is topped with cherry sauce, pistachios and crumbled chocolate flake.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 300mls cream
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 flake bar
- ½ punnet fresh cherries (20 cherries approx)
- Heat oven to 120ºC fanbake and line a tray with baking paper.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, add caster sugar 1 teaspoon at a time and keep beating until very stiff - at least 5 minutes.
- Add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla essence and fold together.
- Sprinkle over 2 tsp of cocoa powder and only just fold through meringue.
- Spread mixture into a large circle on the tray, sprinkle over one more tsp of cocoa and use a fork to swirl it through.
- Bake for one hour. Turn off oven and leave the pavlova inside to cool.
- Cherry sauce: Add frozen cherries and 1 Tbsp caster sugar to a small saucepan, bring to a simmer and break up cherries. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce reduces. Set aside to cool.
- Once you are ready to assemble. Whip cream with icing sugar and spread over the top of the cool pavlova. Spoon over cherry sauce.
- Scatter over pistachios and crumbled flake. Top with fresh cherries and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Leave a Reply