A no-fuss dumpling soup made from frozen dumplings, egg noodles and bok choy cooked in an easy homemade broth.
It never hurts to have a few easy meals up you sleeve. Turn your frozen bag of dumplings into the star of this hearty Dumpling Noodle Soup, made with fresh green veggies and an easy homemade broth.
Another hack for this meal - precooked egg noodles! Super slurpy and delicious. The basic broth is made from pantry staples and is very easy to put together.
If you want to make your own dumplings from scratch, you could use my delicious recipe for Pork and Ginger Dumplings. This makes quite a few dumplings so you could always eat some for a meal, then freeze some to make soup another day!
How to make this soup:
Add all of the ingredients for the broth to a large pot and bring to a boil.
Add the frozen dumplings and simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile cut the bok choy in half and wash well under water. Slice up the chilli and spring onion.
After 5 minutes add the bok choy and egg noodles to the pot and cook for 2 minutes. Use tongs to serve up the dumplings into bowls, add the noodles and bok choy then ladle over the hot broth.
Top with fresh chilli, spring onions and coriander. Serve immediately while it is hot.
If you want to try your hand at making your own dumplings, check out my easy recipe for Pork and Ginger Dumplings. Other great Asian Fusion noodle meals on my website include Thai Chicken Noodle Salad and Chinese Pork Noodle Bowl.
Common questions and tips for Dumpling Soup:
What type of dumpling should I use? Use your favourite! I used pork and prawn but any flavour would work.
How long will this meal keep for? Keep this soup in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within three days.
- Pre made dumplings can be found in the freezer section at most supermarkets or Asian specialty stores.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 litres boiling water
- 16 frozen pre-made dumplings (flavour of your choice)
- 2 bunches bok choy
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 400g pre-cooked egg noodles
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients for the broth to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the frozen dumplings and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the bok choy in half and wash well under water. Slice up the chilli and spring onion.
- After 5 minutes add the bok choy and egg noodles to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Use tongs to serve up the dumplings into bowls, add the noodles and bok choy then ladle over the hot broth.
- Top with fresh chilli, spring onions and coriander. Serve immediately while it is hot.
- Use your favourite greens or vegetables to customise this noodle soup. I used pork and prawn dumplings but any flavour will work.
- You can find pre-made dumplings in the freezer at the supermarket.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 1307mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.