A beautiful Prawn Laksa that's full of flavour and incredibly simple to make. Made with frozen prawns, egg noodles and laksa spice paste.
I'm a big fan of making my own curry bases and spice pastes. However, when it comes to a Prawn Laksa, I'm happy to leave it to the professionals! Laksa pastes are complex and use many specialty ingredients. That's what gives them their beautiful big flavours.
One of my favourite things about this meal is how quick and easy it is to make. I try to keep a bag of prawns in the freezer at all times so that I can whip up a fuss free meal like this.
How to make Prawn Laksa:
Cook noodles in boiling water according to packet instructions, drain and set aside. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Add prawns and laksa paste then stir fry for 2 minutes.
Stir in coconut cream and 1 cup of boiling water then simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes. Serve between 4 bowls over the noodles. Top with shredded carrot and spring onion.
Serve piping hot with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the dish.
I find it so helpful having a bag of prawns in the freezer. There are so many easy and tasty meals you can make with them. Check out my popular prawn recipes including Roasted Tomato and Prawn Pasta, Prawn Fried Rice, Sticky Prawn Rice Bowls, Prawn Cocktail Salad, and Pad Thai.
Common questions and tips for Prawn Laksa:
Which brand of spice paste should I use? I use the Asian Home Gourmet Singapore Laksa. Such great flavours, affordable and available at most supermarkets.
Could I use pre-cooked egg noodles instead? For sure! I'm all for cutting corners when I need to!
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 200g Singapore dried egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 400g raw prawns, tails removed
- 1 packet Singapore Laksa spice paste, 60g
- 1 can coconut cream, 400ml
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Cook noodles in boiling water according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Add prawns and laksa paste then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in coconut cream and 1 cup of boiling water then simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve between 4 bowls over the noodles. Top with shredded carrot and spring onion.
- Serve piping hot with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the dish.
- The thickness of the laksa can be controlled by the amount of water used.
- I always have a bag of frozen prawns in my freezer so I’m ready to whip up a simple dinner like this one!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 750Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 245mgSodium: 1617mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 3gSugar: 70gProtein: 33g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.