A simple recipe for Homemade Pizza Dough that will impress your friends and family. Simply add your favourite toppings!
This is my favourite recipe for Homemade Pizza Dough. You can use it to create family size pizzas, mini pizzas or even Lunchbox Scrolls. It's such an easy and impressive recipe to make. You won't want to buy store bought pizzas ever again.
The simple ingredients are mostly pantry staples. However, I would definitely recommend using High Grade Flour over ordinary flour. High Grade Flour has a higher content of gluten which makes the crust chewier.
My boys love making their own pizza! I prep the toppings and they choose their favourite combinations.
HOW TO MAKE Basic pizza dough:
Place water, sugar and yeast in a large bowl and stir to dissolve, leave covered with a tea towel for 10 minutes. Add flour, olive oil and salt and turn the mixer to low with the dough hook attached. Mix for 5 minutes until smooth and a little sticky.
Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for at least 30 minutes until doubled in size. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, roll into a log shape and cut into 5 pieces.
Roll each piece into a ball and leave to rise for another 15 minutes. When you are ready to make the pizzas, roll the dough flat on top of a sheet of baking paper or a well-dusted bench. Then add your pizza sauce and toppings.
Common questions about Homemade pizzas:
What kind of toppings can I put on? The great thing about pizzas is you can add whatever you like! Below are two of my favourite combinations.
Smoked chicken and cranberry pizza:
- Pizza sauce
- Smoked chicken
- Cranberry sauce
- Pizza cheese
Prosciutto and mushroom:
- Pizza sauce
- Pizza cheese
- Basil to garnish
Can the pizza bases be frozen? Yes! Roll each piece of dough into the desired size. Place on a sheet of baking paper. Do this again for each piece, separating each piece with baking paper. Wrap in cling film, beeswax wraps or a large ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Pin this post to your baking board on Pinterest and save it for later
AD – THIS POST HAS BEEN MADE POSSIBLE BY GIFTED INGREDIENTS FROM COUNTDOWN SUPERMARKETS, MY BRAND AMBASSADOR PARTNER
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tsp honey (or sugar)
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 5 cups high grade flour
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- Place warm water and honey in a large bowl and stir to dissolve. Add yeast and stir again, leave covered with a tea towel for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, olive oil and salt and turn the mixer onto low with the dough hook attached. Mix for 5 minutes until smooth and a little sticky. (Knead with your hands if you do not have a mixer)
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for at least 30 mins until doubled in size.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, roll into a log shape and cut into 5 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball and leave to rise for another 15 minutes.
- When you are ready to make the pizza, roll the dough out flat on top of a well-floured bench or sheet of baking paper. Add pizza sauce and toppings.
- Bake at 220°C on a hot pizza stone until golden and bubbling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.