Sticky, golden chicken drumsticks cooked in a marinade made with soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chilli sauce and crushed garlic. The perfect sharing dish to take to your next BBQ or picnic.
Drumsticks are such a crowd-favourite. This recipe for sticky Hoisin Chicken Drumsticks creates beautifully tender chicken flavoured with the perfect blend of sweet and salty.
- Chicken Drumsticks: Generally cheap and cheerful, chicken drumsticks are an excellent way to feed a crowd for a shared meal or picnic.
- Hoisin Sauce: Such a lovely flavour that is hard to replicate. I highly recommend adding this to your pantry staples to serve with chicken dishes.
- Soy Sauce: Dark soy sauce can be replaced for regular soy sauce if you don't have it on hand.
Note: Scroll to the recipe card for the ingredients, quantities and the full method.
Step by step instructions:
In the base of a large container, place all of the marinade ingredients. Mix to combine.
Place the chicken drumsticks in the container and coat in the marinade. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes, or overnight if you have time.
Preheat oven to 190°C fan bake.
Line a large baking tray with baking paper then place the chicken drumsticks on top. Pour or brush over any leftover marinade.
Bake in the oven for 60 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked all the way through.
Although the sauces in the pictures are not gluten free, all of the ingredients can be gluten free. I always advise you check the labels of your sauce bottles to ensure they are 100% gluten free.
Absolutely! Kids love these for three reasons: 1) they are chicken, 2) the flavours are sweet and savoury and 3) they can hold them in their hands!
Store any leftover chicken drumsticks in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Either enjoy cold, or reheat until piping hot before eating.
Get ahead by preparing these chicken drumsticks the day before you cook them. Marinate, then leave them covered in the fridge overnight.
Made this recipe?
Please click on the stars below to rate it or, write a review!
- 2.2-2.5kg chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup dark soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- In the base of a large container, place all of the marinade ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in the container and coat in the marinade. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes, or overnight if you have time.
- Preheat oven to 190°C fan bake.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper then place the chicken drumsticks on top. Pour or brush over any leftover marinade.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked all the way through.
- Dark soy sauce can be swapped for regular soy sauce if you don’t have it on hand.
- If making these as a gluten free option, check your sauce bottles for allergy warnings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 349mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 67g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Thank you for checking out this recipe. I hope you enjoy making and eating it! If you have any questions, queries or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below.
If you don't already follow me, head over to my Instagram or Facebook pages to keep up to date with all my new recipes.