Easy and cheesy, a ravioli pasta bake made with fresh pasta sauce, cream cheese, spinach and golden cheese.
This recipe for Ravioli Pasta Bake came from one of my Cooking with VJ membership recipe books - Fuss Free Meals. A whole recipe book dedicated to dinner hacks! Because if there's one thing I know about dinners, sometimes you have to take the easy wins. With only 5 ingredients it doesn't get much easier.
And it really couldn't be easier. Simply mix together the ravioli, pasta sauce, cream cheese and spinach, sprinkle over the cheese and bake. Voilà! You don't even need to cook the ravioli first it cooks while it bakes in the sauce.
How to make Ravioli Pasta Bake:
Preheat the oven to 190°C fan bake. Add cream cheese to a large bowl and pour in the pasta sauce. Whisk to combine. Add the ravioli and spinach and mix together.
Pour half into an ovenproof dish then scatter with half the cheese. Pour in remaining mixture and scatter over the rest of the cheese. Cover tightly with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and take the tin foil off.
Turn the oven to 200°C fan grill then place under the grill for 10 minutes. Cook until golden and the pasta is cooked through.
I have many yummy pasta bakes on my website. Check out my recipes for Bacon Pasta Bake, Cauliflower Cheese Pasta Bake, Tuna and Ricotta Baked Pasta Shells and Chicken Pesto Pasta Bake.
Common questions for Ravioli Pasta Bake:
What could I use instead of ravioli? Tortellini would make a great substitute.
Can this meal be frozen? Yes. You could either freeze the assembled meal in the casserole dish before cooking it. Or, freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to three months. As always, reheat until piping hot. If you're looking for tips, tricks and ideas on more freezer food, click through to my Freezer Meals Made Easy course page.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Ravioli Pasta Bake
Beef ravioli mixed with fresh pasta sauce, cream cheese and spinach topped with grated cheese and cooked until golden.
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 2 x 325g fresh tomato pasta sauce
- 600g beef ravioli
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 cups grated cheese, 200g
- Preheat oven to 190°C fan bake.
- Add cream cheese to a large bowl and pour in the pasta sauce. Whisk to combine. Add the ravioli and spinach and mix together.
- Pour half into an ovenproof dish then scatter with half the cheese. Pour in remaining mixture and scatter over the rest of the cheese.
- Cover tightly with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and take the tin foil off.
- Turn the oven to 200°C fan grill then place under the grill for 10 minutes. Cook until golden and the pasta is cooked through.
- No need to boil the ravioli first, it cooks in the pasta sauce while it bakes.
- Swap ravioli for tortellini.
- Leave the spinach out if you have fussy kids.
- Leave out the cream cheese if you want a healthier version.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 700Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 241mgSodium: 1687mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 36g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Leave a Reply