Another favourite one pot, my meatballs and gnocchi are incredibly easy to make and taste amazing!
I love comfort food and my One Pot Meatballs and Gnocchi really hits the spot! Using pre-made meatballs, this meal is quick and easy to make. Serve over pasta or with a side salad and crusty bread for dipping. Yum!
Feel free to use either pork, beef or lamb meatballs. Or a combination as I have here with the beef and pork. Colby cheese would make a good substitute for mozzarella if you can't find any.
How to make One Pot Meatballs and Gnocchi:
Add olive oil to a large pan and bring to a medium heat. Add in the meatballs and brown them for five minutes. Stir in garlic and gnocchi and combine them with the meatballs.
Mix the Italian herbs and honey with the vegetable stock then pour into the pan, along with the crushed tomatoes. Carefully mix everything together and simmer for 10 minutes until the meatballs and gnocchi are cooked through.
Slice the mozzarella into pieces and lay on top of the meatballs and gnocchi. Once the mozzarella has melted, sprinkle over the basil and serve with a fresh salad and crusty bread.
Common questions about One Pot Meatballs and Gnocchi :
Can I freeze this meal? Yes, once it has cooled down to room temperature. Freeze the meatballs and sauce in an airtight container for up to three months and cook fresh pasta when you reheat it.
What is gnocchi? Gnocchi is an Italian pasta, generally made from mashed potato, flour and eggs.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 400g meatballs (approx 20)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (2 cloves)
- 500g gnocchi
- 1 Tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 100g mozzarella
- Basil leaves to serve
- Side Salad
- Garlic Bread
- Add olive oil to a large pan and bring to a medium heat. Add meatballs and brown them for five minutes.
- Stir in garlic then gnocchi and combine with the meatballs.
- Mix Italian herbs and honey with the stock and pour into the pan. Pour in crushed tomatoes.
- Carefully mix everything together and simmer for 10 minutes until the meatballs and
gnocchi are cooked through.
- Slice mozzarella into pieces and lay on top of meatballs and gnocchi.
- Once mozzarella has melted, sprinkle over basil and serve with a fresh salad and crusty garlic bread.
- Feel free to use your favourite meatballs - pork, lamb or beef would all work well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 1297mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 8gSugar: 15gProtein: 31g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.