Easy-to-assemble meatball subs made with fresh pasta sauce and grilled cheese.
If you're looking for an easy mid-week meal the whole family will enjoy, look no further than my Meatball Subs. Not all meals need to have a million ingredients and slow cook all day! Some can come straight from the supermarket made with fresh ingredients that you assemble at home.
I'm not going to lie, I generally always have pre-made meatballs in my freezer. They're affordable, versatile and best of all - our kids actually like eating them! Paired up with some tomato pasta sauce, fresh buns and grated cheese, this is the easiest meal you will make all week.
How to make Meatball Subs:
Preheat oven to 200°C fan grill. In a large frying pan, fry the meatballs until brown and cooked through. Add the pasta sauce and cook, stirring for a few minutes until heated through.
Cut the rolls in half and place them on a baking tray. Divide the meatballs and sauce between the four rolls.
Scatter with the grated cheese, then bake under the grill for 10 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Scatter over the fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Pre-made meatballs are such an easy way to bring a meal together. Check out these other easy recipes for One Pot Meatballs and Gnocchi, Baked Mexican Meatballs and Rice and One Pot Baked Meatballs and Pasta.
Common questions for Meatball Subs:
What type of meatballs should I use? I like pork and beef meatballs because they have a lot of flavour.
Are these Subs kid friendly? Absolutely! Use your kids' favourite type of meatballs and pasta sauce so you know they will eat them.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 400g pre-made meatballs
- 325g fresh tomato pasta sauce
- 4 long rolls
- 1 cup grated cheese, 100g
- Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan grill.
- In a large frying pan, fry the meatballs until brown and cooked through.
- Add the pasta sauce and cook, stirring for a few minutes until heated through.
- Cut the rolls in half and place them on a baking tray.
- Divide the meatballs and sauce between the four rolls.
- Scatter with the grated cheese, then bake under the grill for 10 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Scatter over the fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Any type of meatballs would work in this recipe. You could also make your own if you have the time.
- Eat these as they are or add your favourite toppings such as sour cream, mayonnaise, BBQ sauce or fresh salad ingredients.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 1332mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 24g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.