Crispy falafel bites served in toasted pita bread with fresh salad and feta dip. A great vegetarian meal option.
This is possibly one of my fastest dinners to whip up! Not only are my Falafel Pita Pockets quick and easy to make but they are also so tasty. A great vegetarian meal to add to your favourites.
I love the combination of the feta dip with the falafel and salad. You could also use crushed feta as a substitute. Feel free to get creative with your favourite fillings.
How to make Falafel Pita Pockets:
Heat oil in a frying pan and cook falafel for a few minutes on each side until crispy and heated through. Alternatively, bake them in the oven for 12 minutes at 200°C. Cut pita pockets in half and heat in the oven or the toaster.
Fill the warmed pitas with crispy falafel, tomatoes, rocket, spring onion and feta dip then serve immediately.
Common questions about Falafel Pita Pockets:
Is falafel gluten free? Yes! Traditionally, falafel is gluten free. While you may need to check the packaging for some brands, the falafel I've used here - Alamir Bakery - is gluten free. This could also be served as a salad or in gluten free wraps.
Where does falafel come from? Falafel comes from Lebanon.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 250g Falafel bites
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 large pita pockets
- 100g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 50g rocket leaves
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 50g feta and spinach dip or hummus
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook falafel for a few minutes on each side until crispy and heated through. Alternatively you can bake them in the oven for 12 minutes at 200.C.
- Cut the pita pockets in half and heat in the oven or the toaster.
- Fill the warmed pitas with crispy falafel, tomatoes, rocket, spring onion and feta dip then serve immediately.
- Other fillings you could use - carrot, cabbage, feta, grated cheese, aioli, garlic butter, avocado, baby spinach and beetroot.
- Any flavour dip or hummus would work, feta and spinach is one of my favourites.
- I prefer the fry my falafel as it makes them super crispy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 542Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 557mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.