This cranberry ham glaze, made with only four ingredients, is quick, easy and delicious!
There is nothing like serving your guests a beautiful ham on Christmas Day and I can guarantee my five minute cranberry ham glaze hack will make yours so delicious. You can serve this ham nice and hot on the day. It is also delicious served cold in the days after Christmas, perfect for ham sandwiches.
I wanted to show how easy it can be to make your own baked hot ham at home. Some people find it daunting but this glaze is so easy that anyone can do it. It only has four ingredients: cranberry sauce, wholegrain mustard, brown sugar and an orange.
How to glaze a Christmas Ham:
First of all prepare the cranberry ham glaze. Add cranberry sauce, mustard and brown sugar to bowl then grate in the orange zest. Squeeze all off the juice out of the orange and stir it all together. Set aside until you are ready to glaze.
Next is the trickiest part of preparing ham, removing the skin. To do this you make a large cut around the bone end then slowly run your hands underneath the skin to pull it off leaving the delicious layer of fat.
After that score the fat in a criss-cross pattern and put cloves in the intersection of each criss-cross. Once you have done this you can brush the ham with your delicious cranberry glaze.
This glaze recipe makes enough for a 10kg leg of ham so use around half of it when you first brush it over then baste at least twice during cooking.
Remember to slice the ham downwards so that each slice gets a thin layer of the delicious crispy cranberry fat. I’m sure you will love this super simple recipe as much as I do, the cranberry and orange flavours are the perfect Christmas combo.
If you would like this Christmas Recipe and many more packaged into a beautiful e-book, then click through to Christmas Menu e-book. Take the hassle out of Christmas with my tried and true recipes including salads, snacks, cooked meats and of course, many delicious desserts.
I made this last Christmas and it was amazing. ~ Sach
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Cranberry ham glaze
This glaze takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and makes a delicious Christmas ham to serve a crowd.
- 2 Tbsp cloves
- 1 leg of ham 6-10kgs
- 1 jar of cranberry sauce (275g)
- 3 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 orange zest and juice
- Pre-heat oven to 170.C fanbake.
- Prepare the ham by removing the skin, scoring the fat in a criss cross pattern with a sharp knife then putting cloves into the cross sections.
- To make the glaze add to a bowl the cranberry sauce, mustard and brown sugar. Grate the orange zest into the bowl then cut it in half and squeeze all off the juice out.
- Mix it all together then brush around half of the glaze over the ham. Place the ham in a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for approximately 1.5 hours until the fat is golden and the ham is heated through. (this will depend on the size of your ham)
- Baste at least twice during cooking with the left over glaze, around every 30 minutes.
- If you have a smaller ham you can halve the glaze recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 59Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Leave a Reply