Delicious capsicums stuffed with a filling of rice, cheese, tomatoes, basil, olives, spring onion and feta. An excellent vegetarian meal to add to your collection, or serve as a side.
If you're looking for a good vegetarian option to take to your next shared meal or BBQ, you've come to the right place. My Stuffed Capsicums are not only super filling, but also incredibly tasty.
Filled with Mediterranean flavours like sun-dried tomatoes, olives, feta and basil these capsicums are a real crowd-pleaser.
Rice and vegetables are a great meal base for both vegetarians and coeliacs. For more of this winning combination, check out my yummy Mushroom Fried Rice and Mushroom and Brown Rice Salad.
- Rice: Any type of rice will work in this recipe; basmati, jasmine, brown etc.
- Capsicum: I buy capsicums when they're on special, or look for an 'Odd Bunch' bag at the supermarket. Any colour can be used.
- Cheese: A flavoursome cheese goes a long way. My preference is Tasty cheese.
Note: Scroll to the recipe card for the ingredients, quantities and the full method.
Step by step instructions:
Preheat the oven to 190°C fan bake. Slice the capsicums in half, scoop out the seeds and place in a baking dish.
In a large bowl, place the remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide the rice mix evenly between the 8 capsicum halves.
Sprinkle over the grated cheese, then bake for 45 minutes until golden and cooked through.
These stuffed capsicums are so versatile! You could add in or substitute red onion, grated carrot, finely diced mushroom and any of your favourite herbs.
100%! The flavours in the filling are so good it could easily be a stand-alone recipe. Use white or brown rice and garnish with your favourite herbs.
The rice mixture could be made earlier in the day, refrigerated and cooked later that night.
Store any leftovers capsicums in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. Reheat in the oven or microwave until piping hot.
To really get ahead - you can use a bag of pre-cooked rice from the supermarket.
Or, use leftover rice from the night before. Just ensure it is heated until piping hot.
Made this recipe?
Please click on the stars below to rate it or, write a review!
Baked capsicums stuffed a mixture of rice, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, feta, olives and spring onion.
- 4 capsicums
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Handful of basil, finely chopped
- 100g grated cheese
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 50g black olives, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 25g extra grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190°C fan bake.
- Slice the capsicums in half, scoop out the seeds and place in a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, place the remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the rice mix evenly between the 8 capsicum halves.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese, then bake for 45 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 432mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 14g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Thank you for checking out this recipe. I hope you enjoy making and eating it! If you have any questions, queries or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below.
If you don't already follow me, head over to my Instagram or Facebook pages to keep up to date with all my new recipes.
Leave a Reply