Pan fried tofu and noodles cooked in a homemade satay sauce served with cucumber, broccoli and chilli.
My favourite way to eat tofu is pan fried. It gives the squishy tofu a lovely, golden crust.
This method of cooking tofu works so well in my new recipe for Satay Tofu Noodles. A quick and easy vegetarian meal the whole family can enjoy.
The satay sauce is homemade using mostly pantry staples. I love making my own sauce so that I know exactly what is in them, and can adjust the flavours if I need to. For this recipe I've used soft pad Thai noodles but you could also use dried ones if you have them. Just cook them as per the packet instructions before adding to the pan.
How to make Satay Tofu Noodles:
Dice the tofu. Pat dry with a paper towel then coat in cornflour. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the tofu.
Mix together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger and brown sugar, then add it to the pan to coat the tofu. Mix the peanut butter and boiling water then add to the pan.
Pour in the coconut cream and the noodles, then stir everything to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens up.
To assemble, place the noodles and tofu in a bowl, then layer with broccoli, cucumber, mint, chilli and lime wedges.
Common questions and tips for Satay Tofu Noodles:
What type of tofu should I use? When pan frying, like in this recipe, you want to use a firm tofu. Silken or soft tofu is better for making sauces or using in soups.
Can I use dried pad Thai noodles? Absolutely. Simply cook the noodles as per the packet instructions, then add the drained noodles to the pan at the same time as the coconut cream.
- Feel free to add in or swap out any of the vegetables for your favourites, or what you have to use up!
Pin this post to your Dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 400g firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp boiling water
- 165ml coconut cream
- 400g Pad Thai noodles, cooked
- 1⁄2 head of broccoli, chopped & cooked
- 1⁄2 a cucumber, sliced
- Mint leaves
- Fresh chilli, sliced
- Lime wedges
- Dice the tofu. Pat dry with a paper towel then coat in cornflour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the tofu.
- Mix together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger and brown sugar. Add it to the pan to coat the tofu.
- Mix the peanut butter and boiling water then add to the pan.
- Pour in the coconut cream and the noodles, then stir everything to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens up.
- To assemble: Place the noodles and tofu in a bowl, then layer with broccoli, cucumber, mint, chilli and lime wedges.
- Substitute or add in your favourite seasonal vegetables for this meal
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 1115mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 6gSugar: 38gProtein: 38g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.