If you love Nutella and you love Tiramisu then this Nutellamisu is the ultimate dessert for you. An excellent dessert to share at Christmas time.
If you are looking for a make-ahead Christmas dessert that serves a crowd, this Nutellamisu is a show stopper! The recipe has all the flavour of a classic Italian Tiramisu but without the fuss, it is an egg free version that can be whipped up super quick. It can be made two days in advance which takes some of the pressure off you in the kitchen.
We love Nutella in our family so I thought I would add it to one of my favourite desserts: Tiramisu. The mascarpone cream is whipped up in minutes then layered with ladyfingers soaked in Nutella and coffee. Topped off with a silky Nutella ganache. Good quality Dutch cocoa powder is then sprinkled over the top which makes it look sensational.
I served this to a group of eight of my girlfriends who gave it rave reviews, plus there was enough for leftovers the next day. To add a pop of colour I have simply placed a sliced strawberry on top of each piece. This is the perfect Christmas dessert as you can make it a couple of days before and have it waiting in the fridge ready to serve to your family on the 25th.
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLAMISU:
First of all whisk the cream until soft peaks form. While your mixer is running at low speed pour in the vanilla and caster sugar. Once these are well incorporated add the mascarpone and beat until stiff peaks form.
Make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl and give it another quick whisk to combine it all together. Now it is time make up the coffee liquid to dip the sponge fingers in to.
Simply whisk the Nutella with instant coffee and boiling water until it is all dissolved. Dip the sponge fingers ( savoiardi ) into the mix and then place them evenly in the bottom of the dish.
Don’t let the ladyfingers soak in the coffee mixture too long as they will fall apart, just a dunk for a few seconds is enough.
I have a large Pyrex dish – which I bought from Briscoes. It is 23 x 33 cm so if you have a smaller dish you may want to do three layers instead of two like I have.
Once you have completely filled the bottom layer with sponge fingers spread over the mascarpone cream - then repeat this process again one more time. You won’t believe how easy the Nutella ganache is to make.
Melt the second serve of Nutella in the microwave for about 45 seconds until it is soft and warm. Add the cream then whisk until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
If you do not have a microwave you can do this easily in a small saucepan on low heat on the stove top. Pour the ganache over the top mascarpone layer then tilt the dish from side to side so the whole surface is covered evenly.
Almost finished just sift over the cocoa powder, this gives it a lovely rich colour. Pop it into the fridge for at least four hours but preferably overnight or even two nights.
To make it easier to serve - use a knife to cut the portions before lifting each out with a spatula. Garnish with a sliced strawberry on top of each piece.
I hope your family and friends love this delicious dessert as much as mine does. I have already had so many lovely compliments about it. I’m sure I’ll be making it again and again in the future.
For other show-stopping recipes to make for your friends and family, be sure to check out my Chocolate Brownie Trifle, Super Sized Berry Pavlova and my Chocolate Mousse Cake.
Click here to pin this post to your desserts board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
If you love Tiramisu and you love Nutella then this is the perfect make-ahead dessert for you!
- 425ml cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 500g mascarpone
- 150g nutella
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee granules
- 350ml boiling water
- 300g Ladyfinger (savoiardi) sponge biscuits (approx 36)
- 200g Nutella
- 75mls cream
- 2 tbsp dutch Cocoa powder
- 10 strawberries, sliced (optional)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer start beating the cream, pour in vanilla and sugar then whisk until soft peaks form.
- Add mascarpone and continue to whip to stiff peaks. Scrape mixture from the edges and whip one more time.
- In a seperate bowl add Nutella and coffee granules, pour in boiling water and whisk together until they have dissolved.
- Dip Ladyfingers in the Nutella/coffee mixture for a few seconds each then place in the bottom of a baking dish. My baking dish is 23 x 33 cm and I had 16 sponge biscuits in the first layer.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture on top of the first layer of ladyfingers. Repeat process with the second layer of ladyfingers and cream mixture.
- Now to make the Nutella ganache. Melt Nutella in the microwave in 20 second bursts until it is warm and melted. (You can also do this on a low heat on the stovetop). Remove from microwave and whisk in cream until it is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour Nutella ganache over the top mascarpone layer, tip the dish to each side so the ganache spreads evenly out to the edges.
- Sift over cocoa powder until completely covered.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight if possible.
- Use a knife to cut each piece before lifting out with a spatular. Garnish each serve with a sliced strawberry.
- This dessert can be made 2 days in advance - it gets even tastier as it sets in the fridge.
- If you want a more “adult” flavour - add 60mls of Frangelico to the coffee mixture.
- If you want an extra Nutella hit - double the ganache and put a layer under the second layer of ladyfingers.
- My dish is 23 x 33 cm - so quite large, if you have a smaller dish you may want to split it into 3 layers.
- Don't let the Ladyfingers soak in the coffee mixture as they will fall apart, just a quick dunk for a few seconds is enough.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 351mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHECKING OUT MY RECIPE.
FOLLOW ALONG AT MY FACEBOOK PAGE.
OR TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @VJ_COOKS AND HASHTAG IT #VJCOOKS
More delicious desserts
Mini Sticky Date Puddings
Perfectly soft and fluffy mini sticky date puddings served with a decadent butterscotch sauce.
Leave a Reply