Full of flavour, these zingy little curried eggs are a super fun treat to serve at your next party. Hard-boiled eggs mixed with mayonnaise, curry powder, chives and jalapeños for an extra pop.
Let's put it out there: Curried Eggs are super retro! But just like flared jeans and smocked dresses, it's time for this vintage party snack to make its comeback.
You and your guests will be pleasantly surprised at the lovely flavours and textures of these delicious little morsels. An excellent option for any Christmas party.
- Curry powder: The namesake ingredient! I like to use a mild curry powder for flavour and colour, then get a bit more kick from the jalapeños.
- Jalapeños: These are optional, as they are super zingy! But I highly recommend them. Finely chop them for subtle little hits of flavour.
- Bacon: Another optional ingredient, you can add it to some and not others if catering for a crowd with different dietary needs.
Note: Scroll to the recipe card for the ingredients, quantities and the full method.
Step by step instructions:
Peel the cooled boiled eggs, then cut in half.
Carefully scoop out the egg yolk and place in a bowl or pull chopper. Set the egg whites aside.
Add the chopped chives, mayonnaise, curry powder and jalapeños. Mix together until well combined.
Place the egg mix into a snap lock bag then cut the corner off. Pipe the mixture into the hollowed out egg whites.
Garnish with a piece of chive and a small piece of crispy bacon. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve
Yes! Curried eggs will keep well for three days in an airtight container in the fridge. If you wanted to make these the day before serving, they would be fine. I would garnish with bacon and chives just before serving.
With the addition of crispy bacon, they are not vegetarian. But if you left the bacon off they would be.
Curried eggs can be made they day before serving. Simply keep in an airtight container in the fridge and garnish before you serve.
Overall, they will keep well for three days after first being made.
The egg mixture can either be piped in using a piping bag or snap lock bag with the corner cut off. If you can't be bothered with either of those - just use a tea spoon to spoon it in.
Made this recipe?
Please click on the stars below to rate it or, write a review!
Creamy and flavoursome curried eggs made from hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, curry powder, chives and optional jalapeños and bacon.
- 10 eggs, hard-boiled and cooled
- 10g chives, finely chopped
- 100g mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 20g jalapeños, finely chopped (optional)
- Crispy bacon (optional)
- Peel the cooled boiled eggs, then cut in half.
- Carefully scoop out the egg yolk and place in a bowl or pull chopper. Set the egg whites aside.
- Add the chopped chives, mayonnaise, curry powder and jalapeños. Mix together until well combined.
- Place the egg mix into a snap lock bag then cut the corner off. Pipe the mixture into the hollowed out egg whites.
- Garnish with a piece of chive and a small piece of crispy bacon. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Both the jalapeños and the bacon bits are optional.
- To make these vegetarian, leave the bacon out.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Thank you for checking out this recipe. I hope you enjoy making and eating it! If you have any questions, queries or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below.
If you don't already follow me, head over to my Instagram or Facebook pages to keep up to date with all my new recipes.
Leave a Reply