Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks
Yield 4-5 serves
This is my super simple recipe for lamb shanks in the slow cooker, its so easy and they always come out melt in your mouth perfect.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4-5 lamb shanks
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Cut lamb shanks around the bone end so that the meat bunches up while cooking.
- Add onion, shanks, carrots, canned tomatoes, beef stock, cumin, salt and bay leaves to the slow cooker and mix to combine.
- Make sure bones are sticking up and put on the lid.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or up to 8 hours on low.
- Mix cornflour with a little cold water and pour in 20 mins before serving to thicken up liquid.
- Serve on mash or with sides of your choice.
Cuisine New Zealand
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/slow-cooker-lamb-shanks/