Slow cooker spaghetti bolognese
Yield 12 serves
- 800g beef mince
- 1 onion, grated or finely diced
- 70g baby spinach (optional)
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup beef stock, I use an oxo cube & boiling water
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 250g mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to season
- Brown mince and onion in a large frypan then add to the slow cooker.
- Blend spinach with one can of tomatoes in a blender until finely chopped. (optional veg hiding trick)
- Add carrots, garlic, mushrooms, Italian herbs, sugar, tomato paste, beef stock, canned tomatoes and spinach mix to the slow cooker.
- Season well with salt and pepper then stir everything together, turn the slow cooker on to high for 4 hours or low for 6+ hours.
- Stir everything together at the end and check the seasoning, add more if needed.
- This mince is great for spaghetti bolognese, lasagne and other Italian style mince dishes.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/slow-cooker-bolognese/