Roasted prawn and tomato pasta
Yield 4 serves
- 500g tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves of garlic, halved
- Shake of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 400g angel hair pasta
- 400g raw prawns
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C fanbake.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, chilli flakes (if using) and olive oil to a lined baking tray, season well with salt and pepper then bake for 30 minutes.
- Blitz the tomatoes, garlic and juices in a blender with the fresh basil to make a beautiful roasted tomato sauce.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions until al dente.
- Pan fry prawns in a large pan for a few minutes until orange and cooked through.
- Add cooked pasta and the roasted tomato sauce to the pan and stir it all together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediatly with grated parmesan, fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/roasted-tomato-prawn-pasta/