Rice bubble slice
Yield 24 small slices
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 120g butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 4 cups of rice bubbles
Chocolate topping (optional)
- 200g chocolate, melted
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
- Add brown sugar, butter and honey to a large saucepan.
- Melt on the stovetop until bubbling.
- Remove from heat, add rice bubbles and mix well.
- Pour into lined tray and spread out.
- Mix melted chocolate with the oil and pour over the slice. Spread to the edges and dust over sprinkles.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour or until set - then cut into slices.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- You can use white, milk or dark chocolate for the topping.
Cuisine New Zealand
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/rice-bubble-slice/