You can't beat this layered pavlova with mango, lime and coconut for a tropical twist on the classic Kiwi dessert.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of cornflour
- 1 tsp of white vinegar
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- 2 mangoes
- 500mls of cream
- 2 tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 lime
- Small bar of white chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 120ºC and line a tray with baking paper.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, add caster sugar 1 teaspoon at a time and keep beating until very stiff.
- Add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla essence and fold together.
- Spread two even rectangles onto tray and bake for one hour. Turn off oven and leave the pavlova inside to cool.
- Spread coconut onto a tray and bake until golden.
- Cut flesh off mangoes and thinly slice.
- Whip cream with icing sugar and spread half onto first layer of pavlova. Scatter over toasted coconut, grate over lime zest, layer half of the mango slices.
- Add second layer of pavlova, cream, coconut, lime zest and the rest of the mango.
- Grate white chocolate over the top and serve.
Alternatively this recipe would work well with fresh berries and dark chocolate.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/mango-pavlova/