Lamb and haloumi wraps
Yield 4 wraps
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 450g lamb leg steaks
- 2 tsp ground mix spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Handful of mint (finely chopped)
- 180g haloumi
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 50g rocket (half bag)
- 4 wraps
- Marinate the lamb in olive oil, mixed spice, salt and crushed garlic. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (if possible).
- To make the tzatziki, mix together Greek yoghurt, cucumber, lemon and mint. Season with salt and pepper then set aside and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cook the lamb in a hot frypan for 3-4 minutes on each side then place on a board to rest while you cook the haloumi.
- Cut the haloumi into 1 cm slices and pan fry for about two minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Slice the lamb into 2cm thick slices.
- Warm the wraps in the oven or toast for 30 seconds on each side in a dry fry pan.
- To assemble: spread the warm wraps with a generous dollop of the tzatziki, then add the cherry tomatoes, fresh rocket, sliced lamb and grilled haloumi.
- Wrap them up and serve immediately.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/lamb-haloumi-wraps/