No bake Jaffa slice
Yield 20 pieces
This super easy no-bake slice will be sure to satisfy any chocolate cravings, the combo of milk chocolate and orange is delicious!
- 125g milk chocolate (4.4oz)
- 175g sweetened condensed milk (about half a can)
- 125g butter (4.4oz)
- 1 pack arrowroot biscuits, crushed (250g/9oz)
- 200g milk chocolate (7oz)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp orange essence
- 100g Jaffas (3.5oz)
- Line a 18 X 27cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add chocolate, condensed milk and butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30 second bursts until all the ingredients have melted together and stir well.
- Pour in the crushed biscuits then mix until combined. Press the mixture into the tray, spread to the edges and smooth the top with the back of a metal spoon.
- To make the topping, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts.
- Add the oil and stir until it is smooth, add the orange essence and stir again. Pour the chocolate over the base and spread it evenly to the edges.
- Place the Jaffas in to a bag and break up with a mallet or rolling pin, sprinkle over the slice until it is all covered.
- Chill in the fridge until set for 2+ hours. Take out of the fridge 20 minutes before cutting into slices (this makes it easier to cut).
- If you don't have Arrowroot biscuits you could use another plain biscuit like Maries or Graham crackers
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/jaffa-slice/