Hot cross bun bread and butter pudding
Yield 6 serves
- 6 hot cross buns
- 30g butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C fanbake. Grease a large bowl with butter.
- Slice hot cross buns 1 cm thick and spread each piece with butter. Arrange slices side by side in the bowl.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cream, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla then pour over the hot cross buns.
- Leave to soak for 10 minutes before putting it in to the oven.
- Bake for 35 mins until golden and cooked through.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with ice cream or custard.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/hot-cross-pudding/