Yield 16 pieces
- 1 packet Gingernut biscuits (250g) (9oz), crushed
- 120g (4oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 120g (4oz) butter
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 1 Tbsp golden syrup
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- Finely crushed Gingernuts in a food processor.
- Melt together condensed milk and butter in the microwave. (1 minute 30 seconds)
- Stir together then add the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Press mixture into lined baking tin. (20 x 20 cm) (8 x 8in)
- Chill base in the freezer while you make the icing.
- Icing: Melt butter and golden syrup in the microwave then mix together.
- Sift in icing sugar and ginger then whisk everything together until smooth.
- Spread ginger icing over the base and chill in the fridge until set for 2+ hours.
- Take out of the fridge 10 minutes before cutting into slices (this makes it easier to cut).
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/gingernut-slice/