Ginger Kisses Cheesecake
- 1 packet Gingernuts
- 100g melted butter
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 2 tsp cold water
- 500g cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g sour cream
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 packet of Ginger Kisses
- 1/4 cup crystalised ginger
- Crush Gingernut biscuits and mix with melted butter.
- Wet a springform cake tin with a little water and line with clingfilm, press biscuit mixture into the tin using a spoon. Chill for 20 mins.
- Mix the gelatin and water together in a cup and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whip the softened cream cheese and vanilla until smooth, add the sour cream and caster sugar then mix until sugar has dissolved.
- Melt the gelatin in the microwave until it turns to liquid (10-15 seconds) and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Chop Ginger Kisses and fold into the cheesecake mix, pour onto chilled base.
- Chop crystalised ginger into small pieces and add to the top, chill cheesecake in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from tin, slice and enjoy.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/gingerkisses-cheesecake/