Easy apple slice
Yield 16 pieces
- 1 can of apple slices, drained (385g) (13.7oz)
- 2 cups self-raising Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 125g (4.4oz) melted butter
- 1 Egg
Optional extra spices
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- Preheat oven to 180°C fanbake
- In a large bowl mix together apples, flour, sugar and spices if using.
- Add the melted butter and egg then stir until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle the top with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the slice cool in the tin then slice into large pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place.
This recipe would work well with canned pears too.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/easy-apple-slice/