Courgette and ricotta cannelloni
Yield 4 serves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 750g courgettes, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 200g ricotta
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Italian herbs
- 400g fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180.C Fanbake.
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan and saute onion until soft.
- Grate the courgettes then squeeze out the excess liquid in a clean tea towel.
- Fry the courgettes turning them frequently, for about 5 minutes. Add the crushed garlic and lemon zest then fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the ricotta and lemon juice then stir it all together. Season generously to taste with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Cut the fresh lasagne sheets into 8 even pieces then divide the ricotta mix between them and roll up lengthways into cannelloni.
- In an oven proof dish pour in half of the crushed tomatoes and sprinkle over half of the Italian herbs, stir both together.
- Sit the cannelloni on top of the sauce, seam-side down.
- Pour over the rest of the tomatoes and Italian herbs then spread to cover all of the cannelloni.
- Scatter over the grated cheese then bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with crusty garlic bread and a fresh green salad.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/courgette-cannelloni/