Chocolate chunk cookies
Yield 15 cookies
- 150g softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 200g chocolate (milk, dark or white)
- In a mixer beat butter and sugars until smooth, add egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Sift in flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Add milk then fold together.
- Break up and roughly chop the chocolate then add to the bowl.
- Stir everything together then use a scoop to make 15 balls.
- Chill the cookie dough balls in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and place on a lined baking tray with lots of space between each cookie.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170.C fanbake for 15-20 mins until turning golden but still soft in the centre.
- If you do not chill the dough before baking they will spread very quickly, more like a Subway cookie so give them lots of space on the tray.
Recipe by VJ Cooks at https://vjcooks.com/chocolate-chunk-cookies/